Have you seen all of the DDW posters around downtown that shout out "GET YOUR DEAL HERE"? Derby Deals are out there next week and you should buy your Pass and enjoy the $$$ savings:
- Coffee and Chocolate
- The French Market
- Pete's Coffee Shop
- Cafe' 4
- Bistro by the Bijou
- Downtown Grill and Brewery
- Downtown Wine & Spirits
- Rita's, Marble Slab Creamery
- Oodles Uncorked
- Preservation Pub
- Latitude 35
- Soccer Taco
- Cocoa Moon
- Black Market Square
- La Costa
- Blue Coast Burrito
- Barley's Tap Room & Pizzeria in the Old City
More Old City/100 Block friends to come! Even John Black Photography is offering $100 off their sitting fee with your DDW Pass!!!
Plus, AC Entertainment is offering Derby Deals on concert ticket sales...all for just $10!
All Derby Deals for the entire DDW, May 1st through 7th, are determined daily by each merchant.
Pick up a copy of this week's MetroPulse and turn to the middle "map" section for full details about Downtown Derby Week fun, daily events, the free Superfecta contest and 4 fantastic Grand Prizes....all details are there. Most current updates and specific Participating Merchant lists coming soon in this blog, on both the "Downtown Derby Week" event and "Scarecrow Foundation" facebook pages, and on twitter @scarecrowfound !
Many thanks to all of our print, radio, television, and on-line media partners and sponsors & Eagle Distributing for all of the DDW posters and Pass printing! You all are greatly appreciated!
4 fantastic Grand Prizes available to the winners of our free Downtown Derby Week Superfecta! Download the Superfecta Sign Up Sheet, print it, fill it out, and hand it in at any one of our participating merchants or Downtown Derby Week info tent on Market Square, before 4pm on Saturday, May 7th. It's another free and fun way to play during the first annual Downtown Derby Week this May 1st through the 7th! Good luck!
"Many, many thanks to all who are creating a fun and memorable week in downtown Knoxville this May 1st through the 7th. Downtown Derby Week is going to be an annual "Entertainment with Purpose" tradition, in support of the Scarecrow Foundation and those organizations that provide "hunger solutions" everyday in East Tennessee.
It's impossible to thank everyone who has been a part of the brainstorming, planning, and execution of this new downtown tradition...but I'll try.
Huge thanks to the DDW event Co-Chairs, Shelia Watson and Lisa Taylor-Brown, the DDW Host Committee, to Susie Norris of Orange-Apple Branding, and to Jimmy Buckner for everything you all have accomplished. Thank you to our 20 Media Sponsors and 20 Patron Sponsors, which we will list in a future post and on the back of the DDW Pass, which goes on-sale this week. And, a big thanks to all of our City and downtown organizations and merchant friends who are promoting, participating, and hosting events in thier stores, venues, and establishments (look of DDW posters in store windows). And, a special thanks to our friends from the University of Tennessee MBA program, Eagle Distributing, ORNL Federal Credit Union, and many others who have stepped up to help make this a great week of downtown fun.
How can you get involved in the fun? Details about purchasing your Downtown Derby Week Pass and joining the fun next week are on the "Scarecrow Foundation" and "Downtown Derby Week" facebook pages, on twitter @ScarecrowFound, and in the previous blog post here.
Most of all, please join us next week, be entertained, and learn more about great people and solutions to hunger right here in our hometown!"
Harry Wade, Chairman, Scarecrow Foundation Board of Directors
Scarecrow Foundation Board: Rev. Charles Fels, Mrs. Shelia Watson, Mr. Bill Regas, Mrs. Cindi DeBusk, and Mr. Jimmy Buckner, Executive Director
Please join us in creating another fun week in downtown Knoxville....the first annual Downtown Derby Week! Proceeds go directly to the Scarecrow Foundation, a 501c3 organization, which will be helping to end hunger in America with our nation's first comprehensive, searchable "hunger solution" database for those who need food and for those who have time, resources, and/or ample food to share with those in need.
Buy a $10 pass, have fun, get Derby Week Deals from downtown merchants, and help end hunger in America by giving to the Scarecrow Foundation!
Here's how the Downtown Derby Week Pass works this May 1st through 7th:
- Consumers purchase DDW Pass and lanyard from participating downtown merchants for $10 to recieve exclusive daily offers
- Look for participating merchants, displaying DDW posters, to find your Derby Deals!
- Participating merchants will offer thier Derby Deals every day of Downtown Derby Week, which is this May 1st through 7th
Downtown Derby Week event schedule:
Derby Kick Off Party...free for everyone on Market Square, 2-5pm
- Storytelling with Bill Landry
- Chalk Art fun
- Face painting and balloon art
- Kick-off after-party at Barley's in the Old City at 8pm
"Taste of the Derby" Chef Competition, 6-8pm, at various downtown restaurants
- Chef’s choice tasting with DDW Pass
- Media and Patron sponsor party and Derby horse selection night at Latitude 35
Downtown Derby Week Singer-Songwriters Night, presented by BOH-FOH magazine, 7pm until ?
- Market Square stage, 7pm to 9pm
- Bourbon, Moonshine, and Cigar tastings, 9pm to 10pm @ Preservation Pub patio and speakeasy
- Singer-Songwriter night continues @ Preservation Pub, 10pm until ?
- Interested Singer-Songwriters should contact Nashville Mike on facebook or learn more @ www.scarecrowsongwriters.com
WUTK, Knoxville Ice Bears, and ORNL Federal Credit Union's "Young and Free" teams host the DDW Cornhole Competition, 6-8pm
- Competition will be set-up on Market Square
- Free to all ages, but purchase of a DDW pass has its advantages during this competition
- Prizes to the winning teams will be awarded and an after-party at the Downtown Grill and Brewery is open to all competitors
- Registering your team @ 621-5354, in advance of May 1st, would be appreciated.
Downtown Derby Week... Cinco De Mayo Creative Drink Contest, presented by BLANK News, 6-9pm
- West-side of Market Square restaurants offer up their most creative Derby Drink
- Patrons wearing thier DDW pass and lanyard will recieve exclusive food and drink specials
The Kentucky Oaks Party, 7-9pm, at Sapphire
- Exclusive Party Media and Patron sponsors
- First Friday all over downtown Knoxville....get here and park early!
Downtown Derby Day, 4pm until ?, with "hunger solution" agencies on Market Square, immediately following the first Farmers Market of 2011
- 4:30pm Derby Hat and Best Dressed Competition – register on-site
- 5:00pm DDW Superfecta (free Derby game with Grand Prizes awarded to closest winners) deadline. Entries to be submitted at the DDW info tent.
- 5:45pm Find your place to watch the Kentucky Derby
- 7:00pm Grand Prize winners will be determined and notified
- Downtown Derby Week after-parties all over downtown... Patrons after-party @ Crown & Goose in the Old City (get there early)